Nobody wants to be afraid to look in the mirror because they are self-conscious of their smile. Fortunately, professional family dentistry has evolved well beyond simple cleanings and complex root canals. There are many different reasons you could be considering seeking smile correction treatment. Many people are simply unhappy with crooked teeth that don’t fall in line perfectly. Others are self-conscious because their teeth are discolored. This could happen for a variety of reasons, some of the primary culprits are cigarettes, coffee, and tea. If you haven’t been seeing a dentist on a regular basis, it’s never too late to start. Of course you’ll have to get your teeth cleaned and take care of any pressing issues, like cavities, before cosmetic treatment can begin. If you don’t have one already, you should start looking for a dentist right away.
When it comes to oral care, cosmetic issues are quite important and can actually be related to hygiene and overall dental health. Things like crowding and dying or decaying teeth can lead to major medical issues down the road. For this reason cosmetic dentistry is extremely important and beneficial. An individual may seek assistance for a cosmetic dentist for a variety of reasons. Some of the treatments provided include whitening, braces and other straightening methods, crowns, and implants. The treatment path depends on the needs of each patient, so a consultation is necessary before a plan of action can be determined.
You mustn’t fear a visit to the dentist’s office. Many of the treatments available for smile correction are painless and do not even require surgery. Even those that do are well-worth it in the end. Before you run the other direction, take a look at some of the solutions provided by cosmetic dental treatment:
- Teeth Whitening – An easy solution for people who suffer from mild to moderate discoloration of their teeth is whitening. It’s very simple to find a teeth whitening dentist, and it’s a very basic and commonly offered service. The process will generally last over the course of several visits, but can often be handled at least partially at home, to cut down on some of the costs. Professional whitening is a much more viable options and gets better results than store-bought solutions. If you’re tired of looking in the mirror at dingy, yellowed teeth, it’s time to consult with your dentist about whitening. After the treatment you won’t be able to resist flashing your smile everywhere you go.
- Veneers – Another fantastic option for smile correction are porcelain or composite veneers. These are incredibly thin layers of material that are placed over an individual tooth to cover up a variety of maladies. Oftentimes a tooth will suffer permanent discoloration that cannot be fixed by whitening. In other cases a tooth may be damaged or even slightly misaligned. These are great times to apply a veneer. The process of affixing a veneer to a tooth isn’t surgical, and requires only a local anesthetic. It can be accomplished in as little as two visits to the office. Veneers are made of a material that doesn’t bother gums and are known to be comfortable for wearers.
- Dental Crowns – There are a variety of reasons a dentist may suggest dental crowns to restore your smile. Often a crown is used to help in the restoration process, they’ll cover teeth after procedures like root canals. They can also be used to protect teeth that are susceptible to decay and help keep them healthy. Broken, chipped, or misshapen teeth may be covered with a crown. They provide a natural look and are quite durable. They are one of the most common smile correction and enhancement treatments available.
- Invisalign – Crooked teeth are one of the most common reasons people visit a cosmetic dentist. Though many adults want their teeth straightened, they often want to avoid having clunky, intrusive, metal braces in their mouths. Invisalign is the perfect option for these people. A mold is taken of the mouth and then plastic aligners are printed on a 3D printer. They are worn over the teeth and push them into position over time. Invisalign present some distinct advantages over traditional braces. Perhaps most importantly, they are easily removed for cleaning and eating. In addition, they are virtually invisible and it is hard for people to notice when you’re wearing them.
- Dental Implants – For people who have issues with missing or damaged teeth, implants can be a fantastic solution. Implants are great for people who want a solution that they don’t have to worry about every day for rest of their lives. An implant is placed in the mouth with surgery, since the base has to be attached to the gum where the root was. The implant is then attached permanently to the base. Implants don’t require any special cleaning or care, and eating and drinking can continue as normal. For severely damaged and missing teeth, implants are one of the best answers.
If you’re self-conscious about your smile but nervous about visiting the dentist you must realize that cosmetic dental care is important. It’s time to put your fears aside and schedule a consultation, most forms of treatment are completely painless!